Sunday, March 1, 2009

Keeping Track of Books...


As I get older, I find it more and more difficult to remember what I have read.  I find myself buying the same books more than once, because I don't remember that I have read it until I'm about 25% of the way through and thinking to myself, "Gee, this seems like a familiar story."  So, I created this special blog just to review and keep track of books I have read. Hopefully, folks out there will find my site and enjoy my reviews. 

Who knows?  Maybe I'm your "book twin" and you will like the same things that I do. I might even help you find fun, new books you haven't read, yet!!

A few neat things about Sherry's Blurbing Book Blog:

1) Anyone can comment, except for spambots!  No spambots, please.  

2) Wherever possible, I will make the titles of each new post actually link to a site that sells the book I am reviewing.  In most cases, and whenever humanly possible, that site will be Powell's Books of Portland, Oregon.  This is my home town, and I believe in supporting independent book sellers.  Everyone should order all their books from Powell's!!!

3) I am going to try to learn how to put up pictures of the book covers, but don't hold your breath.  I am still more comfortable with paper and ink than I am with HTML and link.

Hope everyone enjoys!  And if you have ideas for my site, feel free to leave 'em in the comments.  I can't promise I will make every change suggested, but if it sounds like a good idea and I can figure out how to do it, I will!

Wishing you the best of books,

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment